The Gift of Education
I did not know the gift of education until my own child was not allowed to study with his peers in a public school, and that's when I realized the best gift to a child is the gift of education. I
started this site to share why I believe every child is gifted and
therefore his abilities should be respected and catered to. I'll also share my
experiences with my five children, and together, we can
all gift to our children student-tailored educations which maximize their
Even though it was painful when I was left to find solutions myself when some of my kids who were diagnosed with disabilities were not allowed
into public school classrooms, I did not wallow. Instead, I seek to
understand my kids' natural abilities, learning styles and then planned a
suitable education for each of them. As a result, all my five children qualified for respectable universities by
While on this journey, I learned about existing and unconventional methods of
achieving a good education for each of my children. Post by post, I will tell you
how this can be done, as well as where I found help and resources. What appears on this
site will comprise about half of what will be published in the book
scheduled for the first quarter of 2018.
Nobody is a guru, and I have never believed anyone has the ultimate
knowledge in anything. I may know a little more because I spent years
researching and have personally walked the paths four and
half times with my own kids and another thousands of times with my
students. Yet, I believe others have much to contribute as well!
this site, I also hope to get your views and feedback on how to do this
I hope to discover methods to design
individualized education plans using modern and classic resources for
each child. Thousands of hours of hard work later, we should be another
step closer to gifting our children with the best education that suit
I hope readers will:
- Gain an understanding of who should be responsible in educating the children in the education systems
- Discover new ways to engage learners in schools and at home
- Know where to find resources that are available besides those offered traditionally by schools
- Find suitable instructional design that work and suit the educators and learners
- Know how to work with and not against the school and current education system to bring out the best in each child
- Know when and how to engage external help e.g. tutors and coaches to complement teaching
- Find ways to match what we have learned to the gifts and learning capability of each child
Hope to hear from you soon, and we will be the first people to write a book with a community.
The Gift of Education
- Place to sign up for courses and seminars
- All Gifted
- All Gifted is incorporated in Delaware, and have students across 3 continents.
- All Gifted's Teaching Philosophy
- All Gifted's Teaching Philosophy in bringing the best of breed systems to cater to millennium children who are tech-savvy and digital natives.
- All Gifted Gives Back
- All Gifted is a social enterprise, and our social purpose is to promote literacy and numeracy at an individual pace.
- The Gift of Education
- The blog from all-gifted.com, for news on the gift of education, accelerated learning and online learning resources.
- Einstein-Giftedness is in everyone. Yet even now, only one kind of intelligence is being recognized widely. My views ...
- Key to Acceleration
- How to you accelerate a child in his education pursuits? Are you just pursuing what others tell you to, or looking within your child to know the answers?
- Social Prodigy
- There are many kinds of intelligence, and they all play a part in our success. People who are socially adept are geniuses in their own rights.
- Visual Spatial Learners
- Visual spatial learners won't show workings, and have upside down intelligence. They learn differently from students who are organized and listen well.
- Kinesthetic Giftedness
- People gifted with kinesthetic intelligence are able to manipulate their bodies and are geniuses in movements and timing. They need to move, cannot sit still, and are often mislabeled with ADHD.
- Choosing Schools
- Choosing schools or universities has never been easy. How do we know our children can thrive in a school of choice?
- Asian Or Western Education
- Asian or western education have their own merits, and there are misconceptions that lead us to think otherwise...
- After School Tuition
- After school tuition can be a great way to help the child's academic work, but too much of it can weaken some non-cognitive skills.
- HomeSchool or School
- The decision to homeschool or school a child can be daunting. How about a combination? So what are some of the advantages of both?
- Homeschool Curriculum
- Homeschool Curriculum by All-gifted
- Homeschooling for the Schooled
- When my son could not read or add by seven, I deliberately slowed him down and homeschool him even though he is attending to school...
- Universities are PG rated
- Do you know that universities cannot take in early entrants below 15 because they are not equipped to do so. Hence, parents have to chip in.
- Great Educators Matter
- Often, good educators are under-appreciated in our society, they are seldom the ones to be promoted, their voices are seldom heard, and they are made to do things more aggressive educators won't.
- Educator's Role in Education
- Here is my view of an educator's role in education
- Educators' Perspective
- Educators' Perspectives can be very different from parents'. Here's a little story of how I discovered this the very hard way...
- The Educator, The Destroyer
- Educators can be destroyers. Here is an incident of how the educators left me much to handle for years...
- Why it is easier to put blames on a special needs child's problems than to find the root to the problem.
- Autistic and Gifted
- All children are gifted and that applies to those with autism, and therefore parents should know what these gifts are...
- Overcoming Dyslexia
- I will never need to know if I am dyslexic, because I have never given it a chance. The little story of how you too can refuse to let it surface.
- Executive Function and Disorders
- When my child frequently forgets his assignments and exams, I was told he has executive function problems, so what is this Executive Dysfunction?
- Education and the Price of Childhood
- Many people think that letting a child learn within his capabilities is letting him enjoy his childhood. Really?
- Parenting Adolescent
- Parenting adolescents are challenging and often heart breaking. One thing I have learnt is never treating them as just friends, but make sure they know we are responsible parents.
- Parents matter in education
- Often, parents work even harder than educators in an education system. One example is Singapore...
- Brighten the corner where you are
- Brighten the corner where you are
- All Gifted Products
- All Gifted develop products and services for mobile learning and is targeted help schools, districts and government structure education systems that will maximize the human intelligence.
- The Gift of Education Seminar
- The Gift of Education Seminars - please indicate your interests to facilitate our planning
- All Gifted High School
- Self-paced, regionally accredited High School
- Kindergarten and Primary Programs
- All Gifted provides kindergarten and primary programs for school-going and homeschooled children. All courses utilize state-of-the-art technology to deliver individualized pedagogy anywhere.
- Recommended Books
- Recommended Books that are tried and tested.
- Recommended Books for Primary School
- These books are arranged by their difficulties, and your child can read them according to their age.
- Courses offered in All Gifted
- Math Quiz
- Math Quiz sample
- Reading and Language Arts Program
- If you are looking for reading and language arts programs for your children to improve their skills, we have two available. One for reading alone, one is a core curriculum.
- Adult Reading
- If you are looking for reading and language arts programs to improve your skills, consider our reading program.
- Singapore Primary Mathematics
- Singapore Primary Maths has been put on the mobile devices to ensure students can be taught anywhere. There are two programs, one is the core curriculum, and one is a game to reinforce topics.
- Algebra for Primary School Students
- Algebra is normally introduced late in primary school, and taught properly in secondary schools. We believe algebra can be mustered if taught systematically to skillful young mathematicians.
- Math Adaptive Test
- Math adaptive tests are available to ascertain how advance students are from kindergarten to grade 6
- All Gifted K-6 Math
- The All Gifted Math Course for K-6
- Press Coverage - Pamela Lim
- This page covers highlights of some press coverage for Pamela Lim.
- Pamela Lim
- Pamela Lim - Mother, Educator and Entrepreneur. Over the next five years, I will focus my research on Education.
- Pamela Lim - Bio
- Pamela Lim - Mother, Educator and Entrepreneur. For the media - please use this version.
- Entrepreneur in Pamela Lim
- This is the only magazine I kept from the many press coverages of yesteryear. Hope you will enjoy reading it.
- Contact Form
- Please feel free to contact me should you require any additional information about anything offered on this website. Thank you. – Pamela.
- All Gifted High School
- Accredited High School at All Gifted
> About Us